Monday, March 17, 2008

OMFG!!! DOOMSDAY!!! (Exclamation marks rule!!!)

Ellipses rule too ... (that's for you Crystal!)

So...

I just saw Doomsday this weekend. Wow, wow, wubbzy was it good. Let me skip right to the rating: I give it 1 million hot dogs, two Pepsi Max's and a Malibu Stacy Dream Home!

Now, on to the spoilers...

A-Frakin-mazing!

I didn't quite know what to expect going in. I knew it was from one of my favorite writer/director/editor combos - the dude that did Dog Soldiers and The Descent so I had an idea. I thought.

I was wrong.

And by the looks of everyone else in the theater during the last 30 minute balls-to-the-wall gambit, so was everyone else.

Words can't describe the orgy of crazy awesomeness. Wait...I think words just did. To say this movie made Shoot 'em Up (amazing movie - easily rated 5 Spam cans) look like No County for Driving Miss Daisy is the understatement of the year, nay, millennium. I think the scene where our heroine fights a medieval knight to the death at a Medieval Times Castle in the year 2030ish and utters the quote, "I'm loosing my fucking mind" sums up what we were all thinking nicely.

I mean this in the nicest possible way - its like a Uwe Boll film if Uwe Boll could make a good film.

What starts as a semi-normal Resident Evil/28 Days Later film quickly spirals into a Mad Max/Escape from New York/Monty Python and the Holy Grail/Bentley Commercial assault on your mind. This movie seriously needs a decapitation counter.

The pacing was amazing, building to the break-neck pace of the ending. It kept you going "NO WAY!" all the way through without giving you time to catch your breath, but keeping you from completely hyperventilating on sheer awesomeness. I can't say enough about it except Watch it! Buy it! Make love to it! Amazing!

"Hungry? Have a piece of your friend!"


(Did I mention there were cannibals and knights and infected zombies and needlessly naked women. 'nuff said.)

Oh yeah, rounding out Sunday I watched No Country for Old Men. Excellent movie for an Oscar winner which we all know usually means BORING. Tommy Lee Jones was Grrrrreat! and so was bad hair dude. It caught the essence of Tejas beautifully and had some of the best dialog I've heard since Firefly. All in all, a great comedy by the Coen Brothers. As an action movie I give it a big pile of poo. As a comedy/dramedy I give it a 2 Cattle Killing Air-gun-thingies up! Way up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Cheyenne. I miss the witty banter. Keep the seemingly confusing and misplaced phrases/words coming. And hi.