Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ichi! You Wanker!

They say you can’t judge a book by its cover. Well, you sure as hell can judge a DVD – and the new Ichi the Killer two-disc release has BUY ME written all over it. I was walking through the local Buy More the other day and I saw this little gem beckoning to me from the rows of drivel their associates call media. Two glorious disks of Ichi encased in a blood transfusion bag filled with … blood! At that point the case could contain King Kong and I would still buy it. Granted I have a huge man crush on Takashi Miike and anything he does, but Ichi is a great movie. Non-stop sex and violence and violent sex mixed with gallons of blood – need I say more? I do? Well, I’m not going to. Buy it and find out for yourself. I haven’t had a chance to check out this copy yet, but if its anything like the original release do yourself a favor and watch it once dubbed. Now I’m not a supporter of dubbed films at all, but for some unfathomable reason they used English (as in the Queen’s English) voice actors to hilarious effect. Best line: “Ichi! You wanker!” Yep, that sounds Japanese.

No comments: